Town Parish Audit
is a specialist internal audit organisation, specifically set up to meet the needs of town and parish councils and community organisations.
This means that your organisation can be confident that it meets the requirements of the current JPAG Practitioners Guide to Proper Practices.
Town Parish Audit is establishing a reputation as a well-known and respected organisation, providing a comprehensive and independent internal audit service to town and parish councils and community organisations across the Yorkshire and Lancashire region.
Overall services provided include the following:
- • A professional independent internal audit service
- • Annual, half year and quarterly audits
- • Financial procedures and policies health check
Some smaller councils and community organisations question the value of a professional internal audit if they are below the financial threshold required to automatically submit a full annual return.
In this regard it is important to note that Regulation 5(1) of the current Account and Audit Regulations requires a smaller authority (in this case a local council) to:
‘undertake an effective internal audit to evaluate the effectiveness of its risk management, control and governance processes, taking into account public sector internal auditing standards or guidance’
Our internal audit service involves working with you to ensure that the following checks are carried out:
- • that your book keeping is in order
- • that due process has been followed
- • that risk management is in place
- • that the budget process has been carried out
- • that payroll and asset control are in order
- • that bank reconciliations are up to date
- • that year end procedures have been followed
This will give your organisation the confidence that it has the appropriate and, where applicable, regulatory procedures in place